Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am trying to locate 2 sets of 1099 2016-2015. one for Soc

Customer Question
I am trying to locate...
I am trying to locate 2 sets of 1099 2016-2015 . one for Soc Sec the other income from investment (annuity_
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so. Only had it for 6 months or so
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks . Just how to get copies of 1099s
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
9/9/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As to the SSA-1099 from Social Security, there are three ways to obtain copies.

1. If you have an online Social Security account, you can view and print the SSA-1099s there. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at this link: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

As to the retirement/pension 1099-R, you can call the issuer and request duplicates.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent