Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I just started a bookkeeping practice. I am offering

Customer Question
hi i just started a...
hi i just started a bookkeeping practice. I am offering pro-bono bookkeeping services to non for profits. The NFP recognizes my services as "in-kind" professional services. Can I deduct the value of my services as charitable deductions?
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have bookkeeping skills that are needed by the NFP. this is skilled volunteer position
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: no. i just need to know if I can deduct the value of my services as charitable deductions
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
9/8/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Unfortunately no. You can deduct any money you spend to provide this service but your time or the value of that time is not deductible.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Did you need me to explain further, if so just post below

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4