How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7623
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I request my 2016 Individual Personal Income Tax form

This answer was rated:

Sir, how do I request my 2016 Individual Personal Income Tax form (form 1040) on line?
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I filed my 2016 tax returns through a friend but I'm unable to get the tax form (hard copy).
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you need an actual copy of your tax return, they are generally available for the current tax year and as far back as six years. The fee per copy is $50. Complete and mail Form 4506 to request a copy of your tax return. Mail your request to the IRS office listed on the form for your area.

However, you can obtain a return transcript shows most line items from your tax return just as you filed it. It also includes any forms and schedules you filed with your return. This is available online.

The following link contains information about what information is available online and how to obtain it:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Barbara and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!