Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

To get this straight I can withdrawn from my IRA account and…

Customer Question
to get this straight I...
to get this straight I can withdrawn from my IRA account and it will not affect my paid $1 for every $2 I have over. I have to file it on my income taxes right.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/8/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That is correct - only EARNED income may affect your social security benefits.

Earned income is from wages and self-employment income.

Other income types - pensions,m IRA distributions, rental income, interest in the bank, capital gains, etc - will NOT affect your social security benefits.

Thus - IRA distributions will NOT affect your social security benefits and will NOT be counted toward the $16,920 annual limit.

.

But IRA distributions are generally taxable - and yes - you will report that distribution on your income tax return.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor