Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm a partner in an LLC consulting business Can I do

Customer Question
I'm a partner in...

I'm a partner in an LLC consulting business Can I do consulting on the side?

Accountant's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Nevada

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

The docs to start an LLC

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do all the work and we split the income 4 ways-is that usual?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/8/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 11 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just because you are a partner in one business does not mean that you cannot generate income on your own UNLESS your LLC/partnership documents prohibit it as a conflict of interest.

As to the income split, that also would be specified in your LLC/partnership documents.

Both are subject to change by amending your documents.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb