Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a savings bond account with approximately $80,000 in…

Customer Question
I have a savings...

I have a savings bond account with approximately $80,000 in undeclared interest. 30 of these bonds will be maturing in 2030, at which time the tax bill for all accumulated interest ($43000 as of today will be due in a that year.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I will be 70 1/2 next year and i will starting to make mandatory withdrawals from my IRA ($14,000 next year).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/7/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi My name’s Lane - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986.

...

Everything you've said is a true statement. How can I help? What's your question?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney