How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & i need to file our taxes for 2016. Deadline

Customer Question

My husband & i need to file our taxes for 2016. Deadline looms on extensions. Ou
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Both my husband and need our SSA- showing amount earned in 2016.Soon. For 2016 TAxes- the deadline looms extensions. Is there a way to get these online?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing yet. BTW we are in cAlfornia.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The fastest way to get your SSA1099 is to download it from your online social security account. Each of you will need to create your own user name and password ***** access your individual accounts. If you already do not have an online access you can create one here:

Another option is to call the social security directly and request the form by mail. But it may take several weeks.