Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Us citizen living and working in colombia SA earned income

and unearned how do i...
us citizen living and working in colombia SA earned income and unearned how do i report the interest and dividends are these tax at he same rate or can you also exclude them like the earned income
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: that is my question
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: no
9/6/2017
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you.

The foreign earned income exclusion is limited to earned income.

Unearned income, interest and dividends are taxed as a US tax payer.

For example:

Enter the ordinary dividends from Form 1099-DIV, Dividends and Distributions, box 1a, on line 9a of Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

If you have NO further questions please take a moment to accept my answer.

A positive 5 star rating at the conclusion of our correspondence with you is most appreciated.

Thank you, ***** ***** it to be sure that i was filing it correctly
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®