Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

How can I get a copy of my 1999 and 2000 w2 forms from irs,

Customer Question

how can I get a copy of my 1999 and 2000 w2 forms from irs
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I just need to get copies of 1999 2000 w2s
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The IRS rarely keep anything beyond 10 years. You can request a transcript of your tax forms for the past 3 years online or you can try to file 4506T it is not a guarantee that the IRS still have it.

Another way to get actual copies of your W2s (but not 1099s) is from the social security administration. It generally takes about 6 weeks to process your request and there's $86 fee for each copy unless you need the W2 for tax or benefits related purposes.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?