Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the current NY State sales tax on materials and

Customer Question
What is the current...

What is the current NY State sales tax on materials and labor?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you want to know?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I received a bill to install new expansion tank, pressure reducing valve, pressure relief and air vent. The materials came to 396.89 and the labor came to 184.21, totaling 581.1.The tax was 58.9 which is 10.14%.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
9/4/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 9 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Thi SHOULD be 8% ... let me pull up the regs