Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

FEDERAL INCOME TAX: A SINGLE WOMAN RECEIVES A 2016 FORM W-2…

FEDERAL INCOME TAX: A...
FEDERAL INCOME TAX: A SINGLE WOMAN RECEIVES A 2016
FORM W-2 FROM HER EMPLOYER WITH A TYPO IN THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. TO DATE THE EMPLOYER HAS NOT PROVIDED A "CORRECTED" FORM W-2. IS THERE AN IRS "FORM" THE WOMAN CAN ATTACH TO HER 1040 SHOWING HER CORRECT SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER? OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE CAN SHE ATTACH A "STATEMENT" TO HER 1040 CORRECTING THE ERRONEOUS SSN? SHE IS CURRENTLY EXTENDED TO OCT. 16.
8/28/2017
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. There is form 4852 (substitute for W-2). https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4852.pdf

There is a line to explain the steps that you have taken to obtain a W-2c

Mark Taylor