Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If you take a personal loan to pay off credit card debt,

will that be considered taxable...
If you take a personal loan to pay off credit card debt, will that be considered taxable income by the IRS?
The debt has not been negotiated down and the loan will be paid back over 5 years.
8/25/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

No. The personal loan proceeds will NOT be considered taxable income by the IRS, and you do not report it on your tax return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Have a great weekend!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent