Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

More money for 2017 ($48000 for joint return with me). We

Customer Question
want to prepay taxes but...
more money for 2017 ($48000 for joint return with me). We want to prepay taxes but can't find the proper forms to send money to IRS. We are both retired and will have to pay RMD also. we paid $9000+ this year, but we are guessing more than $24000 in tax for 2017.
JA: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: I t cut off "Mywife will make" more money. Actually it will be $32000 because she began in May
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is***** will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

There are a couple of ways to submit payments to the IRS. You could use form 1040ES to submit your quarterly payments.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf The quarterly payments are due on the 15th of April, June, October, and January.

You could also make payments on the IRS website. If you go to IRS.gov there is a tab near the top for payments. Here is a link to the payments page. https://www.irs.gov/payments

If the payments comes directly from your bank account there is no charge. If you use a credit card there is a convenience charge of 3-4%.

If this answered your question I would appreciate if you would take a moment to rate my response. There should be stars located above the question. This is the only way that I will receive credit for helping you today. If you have additional questions or need clarification I would be happy to continue the conversation. Thank you.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor