Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

1045 and an amended tax return. 2015 tax return had a $ 248K

Customer Question
1045 and an amended tax...
1045 and an amended tax return.2015 tax return had a $ 248K NOL. I prepared the 2015 tax return and a 1045 to carryback the loss back two years. All of the loss was used up on the 1045.In preparing the 2016 tax return, we realize that the taxpayer had sold another building in Dec 2015. The building had a taxable gain.I will amend the 2015 but my question is do I amend the 1045 or go back and amend 2013 & 2014? At the end of the day, the 2014 amounts will be the only taxable amount that will change.Thanks,
JW
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
8/20/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I'mCustomer I'll assist.
If you have to amend 2015, and the 2013 does not change, do not amend it. Prepare a new NOL carryback schedule and attach it to the 2014 only.
Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. Experts are not paid without your positive feedback. I'mCustomer
there is no amending of the 1045? I will have to prepare an amended tax return for the years that have data changing?
1045 must be amended too.

Can I ask for a positive rating to complete your request?

Customer/p>
PDtax
PDtax