Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I FILED A TAX EXTENSION BEFORE APR 15tH. DOES IT EXPIRE NOW

Customer Question
OR IN OCTOBER? JA: The expert...
I FILED A TAX EXTENSION BEFORE APR 15tH. DOES IT EXPIRE NOW OR IN OCTOBER?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I HAVE HAD TWO HEART ATTACKS AND MOVED SINCE I FILED THE EXTENSION FOR 2016 TAXES. DUE TO VOLUNTEERS HELPING ME MOVE, SOME OF MY PAPERWORK WAS BURIED IN STORAGE. THEREFORE MY TAXES ARE NOT READY IF IT IS DUE NOW. IWANT TO KNOW IF I NEED TO FILE ANOTHER EXTENSION?
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: MY INCOME WAS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 25,000-30,000 DOLLARS WIIITH NOT WITHHOLDING TAKEN OUT. I DID RESIDENTIAL CLEANING ON CONTRACT LABOR STATUS. I WANT TO PAY THE TAXES AND MEDICARE PARTS, BUT HAVE TO HAVE FIGURES. MY HEALTH IS STILL VERY UNSETTLED. THE DOCTORS ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY. TYPICALLY I GO HOME AND FALL ASLEEP FAST AFTER WORKING. TICKER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY YET.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
8/16/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 3 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane. So sorry to hear of the difficulties. There is good news, however.

...

When one files an extension, the taxes are not due until October. You're fine here, you still have two months.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986

...

When one files an extension, the taxes are not due until October.

...

You're fine here. You still have two months.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS