Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does an IRS agent qualified to prepare capital gain taxes, I…

Does an IRS agent...

Does an IRS agent qualified to prepare capital gain taxes

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am retired disable woman of 73 years old my total social security is 1290 dollars a month and hav no other income. I own a house which is my home but because I can't afford the mortgage payment I'am selling the house. I live with my daughter and her family. I need the know how much capital gain taxes I am going to pay.

Accountant's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the expert's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

My question is how much or what perc

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?

Iam trying to find what percentage I have to pY on the profit from the sale.

8/13/2017
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you in answering your capital gains question

Have you lived in your home for at least two of the previous five years?

From what you have disclosed to me you will either be able to exclude the income from the sale of your home or pay 0% long term capital gains, if you have owned the home for at least one year and if the home was a primary residence.

If you have NO further questions, please rate my service.

A positive 5 star rating is always appreciated!

Have a great day

If you have no further questions please take a moment to rate my service so I may close out your question.

If you do have any follow up concerns please let me know.

Thank you so much I am very happy for this answer and I for got to tell you that the house is rented for 1100 dollars a month

Sometimes you have to enter the credit card or debit card in twice before the payment is recognized. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®