Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Are there limits on the types of assets that may be

capitalized in a new S...
are there limits on the types of assets that may be capitalized in a new S corporation, ie. fixed assets, inventory, lease improvements, that were paid for by a sister S Corp, and recorded on the sisters books as a distribution in kind?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: I'm trying to avoid due to/from accounts in S corps. with the same ownership.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/11/2017
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist. But why you are doing this should dictate how.

For example, is sister s liquidating? Spinning off a division or operation? And I assume 100% common ownership.

PDtax
No liquidation. A craft distillery kit distribution company, shipped fixed assets, inventory to like owned, but new S Corp. The distribution company also paid workers to do lease improvement work on the new companies bar/restaurant/distillery.
When can I expect the call?
Phone call session started
Where will eminate from? When will I receive the call?

Trying now.

Called, left message. Please advise.

No message left
Please call
I'm waiting

Call completed.

PDtax
PDtax