Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Are there limits on the types of assets that may be

Are there limits on...

Are there limits on the types of assets that may be capitalized in a new S corporation, ie. fixed assets, inventory, lease improvements, that were paid for by a sister S Corp, and recorded on the sisters books as a distribution in kind?

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?

I'm trying to avoid due to/from accounts in S corps. with the same ownership.

Answered in 1 hour by:
8/11/2017
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist. But why you are doing this should dictate how.

For example, is sister s liquidating? Spinning off a division or operation? And I assume 100% common ownership.

PDtax
No liquidation. A craft distillery kit distribution company, shipped fixed assets, inventory to like owned, but new S Corp. The distribution company also paid workers to do lease improvement work on the new companies bar/restaurant/distillery.
When can I expect the call?
Phone call session started
Where will eminate from? When will I receive the call?

Trying now.

Called, left message. Please advise.

No message left
Please call
I'm waiting

Call completed.

PDtax
PDtax