Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Undistributed taxable income previously taxed. Have 3

shareholders with balances due to...
Undistributed taxable income previously taxed. Have 3 shareholders with balances due to them from previous years. Can it be paid all in one year to bring their amounts owing to zero until the next profit year is taxed?
8/9/2017
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Is this a C-Corporation that converted to a S-Corporation?

No, S-Corp when established,n immediately filed form 2553

Where is the previously tax income coming from? Is it a CFC?

Ordinary business income from 2012 - 2016. Reported to each shareholders per their percentage of ownership. No it is not a CFC.

Yes, it can be distributed to the shareholders as one lump sum. This would be non-taxable since the shareholders would have basis.

okay, thank you.

It was my pleasure. I was happy to help.

Mark Taylor