Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed income taxes i 2015 in Arkansas and federal with

Customer Question
I filed income taxes i...

I filed income taxes i 2015 in Arkansas and federal with Jackson Hewlett. They found an error in my state income tax. They just refiled and sent the forms in to Arkansas. After getting home I noticed they had an old address on it. I was told by them that IRS would have my correct address and everything would be OK. Is that correct?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: My current address is ************************ Texas

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
8/7/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. The IRS would not correct the address with Arkansas. If you are expecting a refund you would need to contact at(###) ###-#### You would let them know that your amended return was filed with an incorrect address. It usually takes the state several weeks to process an amended return, so if you just recently mailed the return you should be able to update the address before the state mails the check.

If this answered your question I would appreciate if you would take a moment to rate my response. There should be stars located above the question. This is the only way that I will receive credit for helping you today. If you have additional questions or need clarification I would be happy to continue the conversation.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor