Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I change the name and organization status of a church…

Customer Question
How do I change the...
How do I change the name and organization status of a church
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
8/7/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/charitable-organizations/change-of-name-exempt-organizations

An exempt organization that has changed its name must report the change on its next annual return(such as Form 990 or 990-EZ).

An exempt organization that is required to file Form 990 or Form 990-EZ must report name, address, structural and operational changes on its annual information return.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/exempt-organizations-material-changes

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor