Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I changed my dependents on my w4 at work to 9 this month and…

Customer Question
I changed my dependents on...
I changed my dependents on my w4 at work to 9 this month and I plan on changing it back to 0 after the month is over. Will I have to pay out during taxes? I am single, never married, no children, worked one job all year.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I replied to your other post. If you changed your allowance to 9 it is unlikely that you had any federal withholding for the month. This may result in you owing taxes at the end of the year.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney