Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I am still waiting for my tax return from 2016, My husband

Customer Question

I am still waiting for my tax return from 2016
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My husband passed away in October 2016, I did turbo tax in March but got a note from IRS saying I had forgot to sign my return. As directed I signed the letter they sent and sent it back on June 9th. I haven,t heard anything since. I was supposed to get $3,000 back.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: Just if you have questions, I would be glad to answer
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I am sorry for your loss.

I would be happy to help you with your questions. Sometimes it can take the IRS up to 60 days to process correspondence. If you sent the return back to them you are approaching the 60 day point. Have you checked on the status of your refund on the IRS website? Here is a link https://www.irs.gov/refunds