Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Calling for my son. He had a contracting business but has

Customer Question
not used it for around...
Calling for my son. He had a contracting business but has not used it for around 10 years. Just recieved a judgment for 25 thousand from 2010 2011and2012 how can he be responsible for this ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New york
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He did file from his present employer for about 2 weeks only
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has had no employees for 10 years or more from his contracting business. How can he be responsible ?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
8/5/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

I take it that your son's business was in New York. I am a bit confused because Canada shows as the country on your inquiry.

What type of judgment did he receive? Was it for employment taxes, income taxes, or what? Please advise.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney