How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of our SS4 form for our customs agent fast, We

Customer Question

I need a copy of our SS4 form for our customs agent fast
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We are trying to import some items from China as we have for years, but the importer is saying he needs our SS4 form before he can complete the import.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Our tax ID# ***** *****
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

SS4 is application for EIN number. If already have EIN your SS4 is discarded. The IRS does not store copies of application. If you need your EIN confirmation you can request letter 147C, which is replacement for CP575 (IRS confirmation letter of your EIN). Same as SS4, CP575 cannot be reissued or replaced.

To request 147C you need to call the IRS at -***-***-**** on weekdays during normal business hours. If you have a fax machine handy, getting the form faxed to you is quicker and can help you discover how the IRS has your business listed, and if there are any errors. Otherwise, you can get this form mailed.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?