Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I need a copy of our SS4 form for our customs agent fast, We

Customer Question

I need a copy of our SS4 form for our customs agent fast
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We are trying to import some items from China as we have for years, but the importer is saying he needs our SS4 form before he can complete the import.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Our tax ID# ***** *****
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

SS4 is application for EIN number. If already have EIN your SS4 is discarded. The IRS does not store copies of application. If you need your EIN confirmation you can request letter 147C, which is replacement for CP575 (IRS confirmation letter of your EIN). Same as SS4, CP575 cannot be reissued or replaced.

To request 147C you need to call the IRS at -***-***-**** on weekdays during normal business hours. If you have a fax machine handy, getting the form faxed to you is quicker and can help you discover how the IRS has your business listed, and if there are any errors. Otherwise, you can get this form mailed.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?