Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I worked for a company for three and half months in 2016.

Customer Question
I worked for a...

I worked for a company for three and half months in 2016. They took taxes from my wages, but have not given me a W2 even though I have asked them for it consistently. This has prevented from filing my 2016 taxes. What do I do

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?

I presently unemployed and my tax return payment will greatly help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

1. Contact the IRS If you did not receive your W-2 by February 14th, contact the IRS for assistance at(###) ###-#### When you call, you must provide your name, address, city and state, including zip code, Social Security number, phone number and have the following information:
    • Employer’s name, address, city and state, including zip code and phone number
    • Dates of employment
    • An estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and when you worked for that employer during 2016. The estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your final pay stub or leave-and-earnings statement, if possible.
  2. File your return. Because you have not received your Form W-2 by the due date, and have requested same form employer, you may use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Attach Form 4852 to the return, estimating income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible. There may be a delay in any refund due while the information is verified.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Hi, I am waiting to hear back from you.

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4