Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have bene doing my estimated taxes online the last two or…

Customer Question
I have bene doing...

I have bene doing my estimated taxes online the last two or three periods now and have not received any receipts confirming the transaction. I was told to create an account but I am unsure how to go about that

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Need to know how to create an account to receive confirmations on my last estimated taxes. have received nothing informing me or reciepts

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. How have you been making the payments? Have the payments been deducted from your bank account?

No, been going onto irs.gov and doing the estimated tax

When you go to the IRS website to you select the payments tab?

at the bottom of the white section of page it says estimated tax etc.

If you click the estimated tax it takes you to another page about information regarding estimated taxes.

Correct
Not sure how to get receipts or any confirmation from previous transactions

Did you use this page to make the payment (direct payment)? https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

Near the middle of the page there is a button to look up a payment. Did you try using this option?

Ok so now I am at a login. Even though I have made payments, I do still need to become a first time user if I have not gone through this process
I have never created an account when just making a payment. Assuming now they will ask for social and at that point It should show up
I am

perfect. You would register as a 1st time user.

Ok let's see how this works out

OK

Now it says my info is not correct

What info is not correct? Sometimes there site is not the most user friendly.

Not really sure. Assuming my address. But even submitting recent location still didn't show

The is another way to show your recent payments. You would need to request a transcript. If it is having a verification issue you may run into the same problem. You would want to request an account transcript. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

I'll new to talk with someone else in person my information is not accurate and not working. Is the 5$ refundable as it states?

Yes, you would need to request a refund through customer service. I will request one on my end as well.

Thank you for your help. If it doesn't getting refunded should I be concerned
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor