Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Second opinion] I received a California Notice of Proposed…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I received...

Second opinion] I received a California Notice of Proposed Assessment. It says they have no record of my 2015 personal income tax return. And to either file a 2015 retun, send a copy of the 2015 return or explain why you do not have a requirement to file a 2015 personal income tax return. It showes that I have 18,687 of taxable incom, and they want me to send 219.52. However I do not work, I'm disabled and receive Social Security. I have no clue as to how they are showing I arned employment incom. What should I do?

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?

It also says I claimed credit in another state for tax paid in California reported on IRS 1099. Misc. Income From DI Inc in the amount of 18,668.00

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
8/4/2017
Tax Professional: Scott Irving,
 replied 11 months ago
Scott Irving

You could try calling the number on the tax notice and explain to them. Or you can send in your 2015 California tax return showing you only receive social security income.

Tax Professional: Scott Irving,
 replied 11 months ago

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/faq/Protest_Proposed_Assessment.shtml

the link above shows you the different ways you can protest the assessment.

Tax Professional: Scott Irving,
 replied 11 months ago

Let me know if you have any other questions or need more clarification on anything.