How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3802
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank account

Customer Question

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank account numbers to deduct installment payments because of fraudelent transactions on my old bank account. I would like to give the IRS my new account.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank checking acount numbers because of fraudulent activities on my old account. I need to give them my new account to deduct installment payments.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will have to call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** to change your bank account information for your installment payments.

Expect long hold times.

You will want to contact the IRS as soon as possible so the payments can be made from the correct account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,