Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank account

Customer Question

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank account numbers to deduct installment payments because of fraudelent transactions on my old bank account. I would like to give the IRS my new account.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank checking acount numbers because of fraudulent activities on my old account. I need to give them my new account to deduct installment payments.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: No.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will have to call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** to change your bank account information for your installment payments.

Expect long hold times.

You will want to contact the IRS as soon as possible so the payments can be made from the correct account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb