Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank account…

Customer Question
How do I contact...

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank account numbers to deduct installment payments because of fraudelent transactions on my old bank account. I would like to give the IRS my new account.

Accountant's Assistant: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How do I contact the IRS in order to change bank checking acount numbers because of fraudulent activities on my old account. I need to give them my new account to deduct installment payments.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 6 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will have to call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** to change your bank account information for your installment payments.

Expect long hold times.

You will want to contact the IRS as soon as possible so the payments can be made from the correct account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent