Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Received a form 433f letter by regular mail. told to fill

Customer Question

received a form 433f letter by regular mail. told to fill out and call a 800 number. i have an installment agreement that has been in place for several years. i suspect this letter to br fraud. am i correct?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: never missed an agreement payment.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986.

Bear with me a moment and I’ll provide my initial response, and then we can go from there if you have further questions on this.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

This is not necessarily a scam. If you want to check I'd call the regular number and have them look at your file (OR go into a taxpayer Assistance Center)

...

IRC §6159(d) requires the IRS to review an installment agreement every two years if the amount of the payment will never pay the IRS debt in full.

...

They can also request a review of your agreement if they have information that makes them believe that your income has increased and you could possibly start paying more.

...

THe notice you should have received is a notice (CP 522P) informing you that they want to conduct a review your installment agreement.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Also remember that the IRS cannot get to your wages, accounts or property while you are in an installment agreement. You are still in the agreement. The IRS letter you received simply requested a review; it did not notify you that the agreement is being terminated.

...

See this: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp522

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Be sure to call, not just send it in, you only have 10 days.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane