Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Individual paid me $600 through VENMO Could not access Is…

Customer Question
Individual paid me $600 through...
Individual paid me $600 through VENMO
Could not access
Is there a way of returning the money to the payer from the payee
She subsequently paid me by check and I need to return her money from Venmo
'Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
name of payer
Casey Dalporto
8/3/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

See this from team Venmo:

...

Once you make a payment to a registered user the funds are sent to the recipient’s Venmo balance for them to use. At this time, it’s not possible to cancel a payment that’s been sent to a registered user in Venmo. If your payment indicates you paid a “New User”, check out this article for info on how to cancel - otherwise:

...

The easiest way to get the funds back is to simply have your friend send you a payment for the same amount. Once the funds are in your Venmo balance, you can transfer those funds back to your bank account.

...

Only in instances when the funds are still in Venmo’s system, can we reverse the funds with the recipient’s permission. If the recipient still sees the funds available in their Venmo balance, please have them reach out to us directly authorizing a reversal and we would be happy to take care of the rest.

See this, as well:

...

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/235170748-Payments-Requests-FAQ

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986.