Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Does a non resident of CA pay CA taxes on K-1 from CA

Customer Question

does a non resident of CA pay CA taxes on K-1 from CA partnership. He does not live in CA and works remotely
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what more do you want to know?
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Is the income being earned in California?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is just the partnership K-1. The partnership is in CA, the non resident is not.

I understand that the member is located outside of California. What does the partnership do? Does it earn money in California? If the partnership earns money in California the non-resident he or she would have California sourced income.