Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does a non resident of CA pay CA taxes on K-1 from CA

Customer Question
Does a non resident...

Does a non resident of CA pay CA taxes on K-1 from CA partnership. He does not live in CA and works remotely

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more do you want to know?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
8/2/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Is the income being earned in California?

it is just the partnership K-1. The partnership is in CA, the non resident is not.

I understand that the member is located outside of California. What does the partnership do? Does it earn money in California? If the partnership earns money in California the non-resident he or she would have California sourced income.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney