Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Im a nonresident and have a business in mexico, we do all…

Customer Question
im a nonresident and have...
im a nonresident and have a business in mexico, we do all the manufacture in mexico but the companies we work for pays us through an LLC we established in the US, how can we determine what percentage of taxes are needed to be paid?, because to the IRS the LLC is only earning income and since we do all the manufacture in Mexico how can we declare costs such like payroll, business rent, maintenance, raw material etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/2/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You wrote - "an LLC we established in the US"

I assume that is an LLC with several partners?
If that assumption is correct - that will be an US taxing entity - regardless of all or some partners are nonresident aliens.

Second - you wrote - "we do all the manufacture in Mexico" - we need to be clear - if the LLC (which is US entity) is conducting business activities in Mexico - correct?
If yes - that LLC as a foreign entity must be registered in Mexico according to local laws and pay local taxes.

I assume that you are aware of local requirements.

Please elaborate.