How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2308
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After I filled my taxes I received three 1099 forms for

Customer Question

After I filled my taxes I received three 1099 forms for cancelled debt. I was and am insolvent. Do I need to file form 982 with an ammeded tax form or just form 982 since I already filled
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Unfortunately you would need to file an amended return to include form 982. The tax amounts will not change but it will show that the 1099-C should be excluded from income.