Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

After I filled my taxes I received three 1099 forms for

Customer Question
cancelled debt. I was and...
After I filled my taxes I received three 1099 forms for cancelled debt. I was and am insolvent. Do I need to file form 982 with an ammeded tax form or just form 982 since I already filled
Greg
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
8/1/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Unfortunately you would need to file an amended return to include form 982. The tax amounts will not change but it will show that the 1099-C should be excluded from income.