Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Did the IRS contact me for anything info wise Craig G.

Customer Question
Did the IRS contact...

Did the IRS contact me for anything info wise Craig G. Forrest

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Received a call from some 1 and if so what do yuo need toknow

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?

Bank foreclosure

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The IRS does not call taxpayers to request additional information. If you receive a call from anyone saying that are the IRS then you should

• Do not give out any information. Hang up immediately.
  • Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their “IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting” web page. You can also call(###) ###-####
  • Report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Use the “FTC Complaint Assistant” on FTC.gov. Please add "IRS Telephone Scam" in the notes.

Hi, just checking back to see if you took any of the steps advised here.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4