Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

Is there an exemption for the Philadelphia sales tax? For

Customer Question

Is there an exemption for the Philadelphia sales tax?
For example a business enterprise requires a service provider services. Such as pest control service for rental properties? Or, accounting services for a business audit or tax filing service for the business entity?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Regarding pest control for real property. The service is taxable. SEE BELOW:

F. DISINFECTING OR PEST CONTROL SERVICES (72 P.S. § 7201(k)(14), (o)(12); 61 Pa. Code § 60.3) – Disinfecting or pest control services are taxable when these services are performed on (1) real property that is located in Pennsylvania; (2) tangible personal property located in this commonwealth unless it is delivered to a location outside of the commonwealth, or (3) tangible personal property outside this commonwealth and the property is delivered to a location in this commonwealth. Disinfecting services are services to property that destroy or sanitize harmful microorganisms, including deodorizing. Pest control services are services to trees, shrubs, animals, buildings and other property that neutralize, exterminate, trap, recover or prevent pests, including fumigation.

Bottom of Page 9 of the Pennsylvania Retailer;s Information Guide located at the following link;

https://smartpay.gsa.gov/sites/default/files/Pennsylvania%20Retailers%27%20Information_0.pdf

Regarding accounting services. The answer is no. This is not a taxable service. You can refer to the link provided above to find out more about what is taxable and not taxable in Pennsylvania. Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If I have addressed your inquiry, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.