Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I forgot my password. How can I get a copy of my 2016 taxes

Customer Question
today? JA: The expert will know...
I forgot my password. How can I get a copy of my 2016 taxes today?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need a copy of my 2016 taxes so that I can give them to my reverse mortgage advisor today.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: I don't remember my password
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
7/29/2017
Tax Professional: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 3 months ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Hi, my name is***** is a common problem and fortunately, if you are unable to obtain the assistance of your software provider, the IRS is there for you. First, getting copies of the tax forms themselves takes weeks if you order them from the IRS. However, the "official" version of your tax return is maintained in transcript form by the IRS and is available online at IRS.gov. Just go to the tools menu and click on "get a tax transcript." To do this you will have to provide personal info and you'll have to have a mobile phone account, an active home loan or credit card account, etc. takes about ten minutes. And it's free. If you want to order the actual forms for later it will cost $50 and you'll submit form 4506. I hope this helps!
James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney