Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have received an email from a Canadian Revenue Agency

Customer Question
informing me that a tax...
I have received an email from a Canadian Revenue Agency informing me that a tax refund intended for***@******.*** will be transferred to me for the sum of $521.61(Cnd).
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have received an email from a Canadian Revenue Agent, informing me that a tax refund, intended for***@******.*** will be transferred to me for the sum of 4521.61(
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: cdn. {*****@******.*** Canada revenue agency has you an Interace-transfer is pending.218197757
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
7/28/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What you are describing sounds like a scam.

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will only send you notification emails if you have subscribed to the service and the email will only advise the user to go into their secure tax account to see relevant information.

There are many scams involving fraudsters pretending to be CRA representatives/agents.

See the following:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1900959/canada-revenue-agency-warns-of-recent-scam-involving-money-transfers/

http://globalnews.ca/news/3225702/canada-revenue-agency-email-scams-tax-season/

I would urge you to be vigilant.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent