How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3798
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Continue with the previous scenario: If they gift the two

Customer Question

Continue with the previous scenario: If they gift the two rentals to their son who is also canadian, will there be any gift taxes involve ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Gifts of intangible property by a nonresident alien are generally exempt from gift tax. Property that is not considered intangible property (thus subject to gift tax) at the time of the transfer includes: (i) real property within the U.S., (ii) tangible personal property situated within the U.S. and (iii) U.S or foreign currency or cash within the U.S.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.