Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can I write off (I would think Schedule C) my $2400 tax prep

Customer Question
fee. I am a...
Can I write off (I would think Schedule C) my $2400 tax prep fee. I am a "real estate professional" "active participation" and have about 30 rental properties, I own as a sole proprietor w/o dba or corporate shell.
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Also at issue is a few thousand dollars in misc business expenses that cannot be identified to particular properties.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
7/26/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Yes, you can write off the a large portion of the fee. You would want to allocate the fee between the rental properties. Part of the fee was for the preparation of your personal tax return but a lion share of this fee was related to the rental property.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor