Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need a copy of our 2016 W-2 filed this year by the due

Customer Question
I need a copy of...
I need a copy of our 2016 W-2 filed this year by the due date,
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My husband does our joint taxes and we may b devorcing so I do not want him to know by asking him for them.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: We use our W-2'z to file and I never have had to file. Someone else has always filled them out for me since I was employed so I am not informed about any of the process. My attorney just told me to contact IRS for a copy from 2016.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
7/25/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. You could obtain the W-2 information in a couple ways. You could contact your employer and request a copy. You could also obtain the information from the IRS website. Here is a link to their webpage https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You would want to request a wage and income transcript.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor