Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need a copy of our 2016 W-2 filed this year by the due…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of our 2016 W-2 filed this year by the due date,

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My husband does our joint taxes and we may b devorcing so I do not want him to know by asking him for them.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?

We use our W-2'z to file and I never have had to file. Someone else has always filled them out for me since I was employed so I am not informed about any of the process. My attorney just told me to contact IRS for a copy from 2016.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
7/25/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. You could obtain the W-2 information in a couple ways. You could contact your employer and request a copy. You could also obtain the information from the IRS website. Here is a link to their webpage https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You would want to request a wage and income transcript.