Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I was wondering how I can see if my accountant filed an

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering how I can see if my accountant filed an extension for me? I need a copy of the extension, and I can not reach him.
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to find out if my accountant filed an extension or not. How can I locate that information.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

You can request a tax transcript on the IRS website. Here is a link to their site

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

The tax transcript will show if an extension has been filed but it will not be the actual copy of the extension form.