Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I live in NY is my inheritance taxable, if I receive an

Customer Question
I live in NY is...
I live in NY is my inheritance taxable
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: if I receive an inheritance from a family member is it taxable in the state of ny
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: no not at this time
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/25/2017
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 3 months ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. New York does not have an inheritance tax. So, unless the funds you are inheriting are from an account previously untaxed, such as an IRA, 401k, etc., your inheritance would come to you with no tax obligation on your part.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Good afternoon. Just following up with you. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard

Richard, Tax Attorney