Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

I am filling out the 1023-ez form for a new non profit my

Customer Question

Hello! I am filling out the 1023-ez form for a new non profit my husband and I are starting. In the section where it asks what the titles are for the Board members, I am unsure if I should use the words Vice President for my husband... and I am also unsure of what I should title my second board member who will simply be an overseer of the activities of the non profit.
JA: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?
Customer: in Wyoming
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, the initial filing of the Non Profit Corporation Articles of Incorporation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it. Thank you!
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

The titles used for your husband and second board member depends on what they will be doing. SEE BELOW:

The President heads up the board and supervises all of the business and affairs of the board. While the President can also serve as the CEO of the organization, keep in mind that these two roles are separate; an individual cannot be compensated to hold an officer position.

The Secretary keeps the minutes of the board of directors. Additionally, the Secretary is responsible for keeping track of the organization’s activities to make sure the actions of the organization are in accordance to the organization’s Bylaws. The Secretary usually keeps track of the board members’ contact information in order to inform the board about meetings and updates on the organization.

The Treasurer keeps account of the receipts and disbursements in the organization’s books. Additionally the Treasurer is responsible for keeping track of the organization’s financial condition. This is an important role because it keeps the other officers and board members informed about the financials.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.501c3.org/nonprofits-board-directors-board/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If I have addressed your issue(s) presented herein, I ask that you take the extra time and scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

Hello again. I see that this question has not yet been rated. Do you require additional information? If not, please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response. A positive response is the only way that I can receive credit for assisting you.