Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

Home purchased for nursing home. when nursing home is sold

Customer Question

home purchased for nursing home. when nursing home is sold do I
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: recapture depreciation?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: In business for 33 months as nursing home
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Q: when nursing home is sold do I recapture depreciation?

A: Based on everything that I have read, yes, you will need to recapture depreciation. I have not come across any information indicating that a nursing home is exempt from depreciation recapture. For more detailed information regarding this matter, you can refer to the following links;

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p544/

http://www.costsegadvisor.com/Cost_Segregation/CSA_Documents/CSA_Articles/Article(Depreciation_Recapture-101).pdf

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If I have provided you with the information requested within this thread, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you but I am not happy with the other charge. I did not want a subscription. You will
hear from my bank.
***** *****

Hello again. I will let customer service know that you are not interested in a subscription. However, in order for me to receive credit for assisting you, you would need to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response. Thank you in advance.

System is asking for a response form me. No sure why.