Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I want to transfer Money from UK to Sweden and they asking

Customer Question

Hi : I want to transfer Money from UK to Sweden and they asking about the cot code ! Please help me!
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The bank is in UK and the banks name is***** and i want to transfer Money to my bank in Sweden
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no it is my account in Uk and have all the code to transfer but at the and they asking about the COT CODE , and we dont have such of code in SWEDEN
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi - My name's Lane.

...

DO you know the party supposedly at the source of this money? (Is this an inheritance you from an uncle you didn't know? a sweepstakes winning? are you helping someone move a large sum of money?)

...

The reason I ask is that when we hear the term "COT code," the most common use of that term is with scams.

...

If you are being asked for money to obtain the cot code for "complete transfer of the funds," this is yet another COT code scam. If you send this money, this is the last you will hear of these people (UNLESS they come up with aother story for why you need to send MORE money)

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

The COT code is usually attached to some sort of false winning or false inheritance that has been sent in an email or letter that is to be used for fund transfer purposes. On the site in.answers.yahoo.com one person says this: See the link: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 954AA56Gyf

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986