Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Did I or did I need to fill out the W9 for taxes if my

Customer Question
father never gave me the...
Did I or did I need to fill out the W9 for taxes if my father never gave me the money out right
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2017
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 3 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

W9 is a request for taxpayer ID number. Who is requesting W9 from you?

It was in my grandfathers will papers

Unless somebody specifically request it, you do not need to fill it out. You do not sent w9 to the IRS, you would give it to the person who is requesting in. It is required to report taxable income to the IRS. If you are receiving any taxable income from his trust than you need to give the executor W9 otherwise he will be required by law to withhold 30% in taxes as back-up withholding.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

How can I find out what I can cash out on since I turned 30

The executor or the trust representative can give you the details.

The trustee is Also the exsecutor

That's not unusual. The executor will have details about the trust and the distribution rules.

Ok well the exsector is also the trustee and also my father
it's hard to bring it up to him

Unfortunately trust documents are not public record. You have to get it from the trustee somebody else who has access to them.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney