Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I bought 6 RVIA "park models" in 2015 for to use as rental

Customer Question

i bought 6 RVIA "park models" in 2015 for to use as rental units on my ranch. can i claim section IRS 179 depreciation on these?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: You
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: unknown
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The RVIA "park models" you describe are clearly tangible personal property which makes it eligible property unless it is covered under property that does not qualify. Publication 946 explains property that does not qualify.

My points of reference are:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p946.pdf

http://blog.oregonlive.com/taxes/2011/03/is_my_motor_home_section_179_e.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.