Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If interest is not stated in the contract can I charge 2%

per month on late payements? JA...
if interest is not stated in the contract can I charge 2% per month on late payements?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Cape
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** to know if I can charge the 2% per month or only the 9.5% per annum
7/18/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Where there is no prior agreement as to interest, the rate of interest is prescribed by the Prescribed Rate of Interest Act. The interest rate on debts is determined by law and fluctuates. The rate of interest is currently 10.5% per year.

The following link contains excellent information you will find helpful:

http://www.goldbergdevilliers.co.za/news_article.asp?NewsID=234

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Thank you for the info, just what I needed. Have a awesome day. God Bless

My pleasure.

God Bless You as well.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent