Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a query regarding Indian income tax return filing. a

Hi i have a query...
Hi i have a query regarding Indian income tax return filing. a person I know is unable to file his IT returns in time as he is caring 24/7 for his dependent who is going thru critical cancer treatment and is the only carer for the dependent. it will be at least a month before he is able to get the required details from the banks to complete his returns. is there any provision to delay the IT returns due to this issue? The person is a retired senior citizen and is severely stressed as he is unable to be away from the patient, who is unable to be by herself even for a few days.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/16/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Even if the person is unable to file his return, the taxes, if any should be paid by the tax return due date (8/5/17). If the taxes that are due are paid, there is no penalty if the actual tax return is filed anytime before March 31, 2018.

The following link contains additional information you will find helpful:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/tax/missed-the-tax-return-filing-deadline-heres-what-to-do/articleshow/53597715.cms

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent