Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have disability if I move to GA from WA will my disability…

I have disability if...

I have disability if I move to GA from WA will my disability money change?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have PTSD from an armed bank robbery, was also discovered to have bi-polar with all it's bells and whistles, my memory is full of holes unable to concentrate, and have severe panic attacts. I am considering moving to SE GA I need to know if my disability amount will change. I current receive $1406.00

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/14/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Social Security disability programs are overseen by the FEDERAL government, so your approval will carry over from GA to WA, and your benefit amount will not change because of the move.

However, it is important to notify the Social Security Administration (SSA) of your address change, or any other significant change in living arrangements.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Thank you

My pleasure!

Thank YOU for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent